CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Office of Personnel and Talent Development
The Office of Personnel and Talent Development aims to actualize the Consolidated School District of New Britain’s vision of pursuing excellence and contributing to a profoundly different future.
Providing a personalized and comprehensive system of human capital and talent development services, by which personnel policies and innovative acquisition and retention strategies result in accelerated performance reflective of a diverse and equitable driven employee culture.
Commitment to Service Excellence/District Core Values
Our priority is to serve our stakeholders in a respectful way by listening and owning problems to achieve stakeholder, focused solutions. Our Service Excellence Standards are: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, Communication, Teamwork, and Accountability.
Our Belief System
We perform with a collaborative team-driven approach and provide the highest-quality service for our community of staff, students, families and partners. We focus on continuous improvement, equity, integrity, wellbeing, professionalism and innovation in all aspects of our personnel and talent development work, so as to maximize the potential as well as the health safety and of each and every individual.
Information and Resources
Interested in learning more about the Office of Personnel and Talent Development? Looking for resources? Use the drop down tabs below to find what you are looking for. Please click on the (+) sign to the left of each panel for more information related to that category. Click on the (-) sign to close the tab.
- Develops partnerships with local colleges, universities, RESCs and various other programs to recruit and source highly qualified and diverse candidates to hiring administrators;
- Oversees internships, student teacher placement and coordinates recruitment events to build and strengthen applicant pools in high needs areas;
- Uses analytical data to determine future recruitment goals and strategies;
- Participates in collegiate and community career events; builds relationships and communicates to students and prospective educators about careers in CSDNB;
- Enhances brand development and marketing through targeted advertising and use of social media;
- Recognizes staff professionalism through employee appreciation and recognition communicated throughout the organization;
- Provides leadership supports, ensuring the most well-qualified individuals are recruited, trained, and developed for school and district level leadership positions ensuring they have the foundational knowledge needed to serve the system effectively to drive accelerated performance and wellbeing.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to the planning and implementation of personnel functions including equitable employee recruitment, selection, processing, orientation, retention, transfer, seniority and assignment coordination;
- Maintains performance management and certification; ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local mandates involving employment, conducts comprehensive internal investigations, maintains accurate personnel allotments, and ensures that state certification and licensure requirements are met;
- Assists in the adjudication of grievances and administrative complaints; facilitates contract negotiations; advises and consults with administrators in the evaluation and support planning process;
- Leverages technology to attain maximum performance; provides ongoing professional learning to staff and administration on various personnel, policy and cultural competency issues;
- Monitors workers’ compensation and OSHA; coordinates the annual open enrollment process for the district; communicates all plan options, including health insurance;
- Manages the leave of absence process for all employees, maintains eligibility and background check processes for the district, and supports overall personnel document management.
Why Choose Us?
The Consolidated School District of New Britain strives to develop an employee’s talents and embrace innovation to ensure that every CSDNB staff member is highly effective, culturally competent, constantly innovative, and unquestionably professional. We achieve this by offering frequent, high-quality professional learning opportunities that reflect the latest developments in education, instruction and social-emotional learning.
The Consolidated School District of New Britain also develops beginning teachers and their mentors as they navigate the TEAM process, making certain that both new and experienced teachers find benefit in the work. We work to recruit, develop, and retain employees who are passionate about meeting the needs of children, adults, and families in our community.
New Britain - The Center Of Everything Connecticut
New Britain is the eighth largest city in the State of Connecticut located halfway between New York City and Boston. Rich in cultural diversity, New Britain oﬀers unique experiences in cuisine, arts and culture, sports, community events and education — with Central Connecticut State University located just minutes from downtown. Explore more at: https://www.visitnewbritainct.com/
The Consolidated School District of New Britain supports the training, growth and maximizing of professional potential for people entering the field of education. College students enrolled in an education program or related field who wish to complete their internship or student teaching in New Britain should speak with their college/university placement coordinator. University coordinators will communicate the request to the school district and work closely with our Recruitment and Placement Specialist to arrange appropriate placements. Once a placement is confirmed, the Personnel and Talent Development Office will contact the student to provide them with instructions and required paperwork.
In addition to the college partnerships, CSDNB has two alternate-route-to-certification pathways, for non-certified employees of the school district. The two programs are the RELAY program and the CREC Teacher Residency Program. CSDNB also maintains a partnership with Connecticut Troops to Teachers, a program designed to facilitate the transition of veterans and service members to a career in education.
Individuals and external organizations who would like to complete volunteer work in the district are screened by the Talent Development Office in accordance with the procedures outlined in Board Policy 6162.40. Volunteer Application Packets must be completed by the volunteer candidate, signed by the supervising district administrator, and then forwarded to the Talent Development Office for processing. Volunteers will be notified when they can begin their volunteer activity.
Local 51 - New Britain Federation of School Administrators, AFSA, AFL-CIO
July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2022
Local 1186 - American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Council 4, AFL-CIO
July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2018
Local 818 - American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees AFL-CIO
July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2021
Local 2407 - New Britain Federation of Paraeducators, AFT-CT, AFL-CIO
July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2021
Local 871 - The New Britain Federation of Teachers | One Year Extension Agreement
July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2021