CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT
New Britain High School Student Registration
During this time of the COVID pandemic, New Britain High School has to take extraordinary steps to ensure the safety of the students, staff and the public. Therefore families wishing to enroll a student at the high school for the 2020-2021 school year will need to follow the procedures described below. Please note that you must wear a face covering at all times while inside New Britain High School.
Enrolling new students will be done by appointment only. Families should email Ms. Virginia Brown at email@example.com to schedule an appointment. If email is unavailable, families may contact Ms. Brown at 860-225-6300 ext. 1610.
• Families should expect the appointments to take about 30 minutes to complete.
• Only two people will be admitted into the high school for an appointment, the student and one parent or guardian (no exception).
• Since the doors to the school are locked, Ms. Brown will need to meet each family at the doors by the main office. If you anticipate being more than five minutes late, please call Ms. Brown at the number above.
• This appointment will only enroll the student into the high school and students will not be issued a class schedule at that time.
What forms are needed?
Below are the forms required for new student registration for students entering grades 9-12. Forms can be downloaded and completed to save time during the registration process. The Census Form may be completed, however, should not be signed by the parents or legal guardians until they appear in person at New Britain High School to register their child.
In addition to the forms above, parents or legal guardians must bring in one form to prove residency. Only one (1) form of proof is required from the approved sources below. If you have any questions, please call the Registration Office at 860-225-6300 ext. 610.
• Lease signed and dated within the last twelve (12) months
• If your lease is on a month to month agreement, you must present a current rent receipt along with the last signed and dated lease
• Current mortgage statement
• Original gas bill
• Original electric bill
• Original cable bill
• Current City issued water bill
• Current City issued property tax bill
Medical Requirements for New Students
All students seeking to enroll in school must provide written proof of up to date immunizations (as required by Connecticut State Statues) and a negative tuberculosis risk screening/assessment or a negative test for tuberculosis prior to starting school.
Physical examinations - Physical examinations are required for the following groups of high school students:
1. All students entering 9th grade
2. Students of any grade transferring into a New Britain school from a school outside of Connecticut
3. Students in grades 10-12 transferring from a Connecticut school who did not have a 9th grade physical exam
Families have up to 30 calendar days to provide physical examination paperwork to the school nurse. For school entry in August and September, physical exams must have been completed on or after July 1 of the previous calendar year. For school entry October through June, physical exams can be no more than 12 months old. In accordance with State of Connecticut Statutes, physical exams must be completed by a medical doctor (MD or DO) who is licensed in the United States; or by a physician assistant, advanced practice registered nurse, or nurse practitioner who is licensed to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut or who performed the physical exam on an active military base.
State of Connecticut Health Assessment forms (physical examination forms) are available from any school nurse, at most pediatric offices, or online by clicking here.
Physical examinations are available through your personal medical provider or at no out of pocket cost through the school based health center located at New Britain High School. Immunizations are available at no cost for students up to the age of 19 from the New Britain Public Health Department, 88 Prospect Street, New Britain. Immunizations are also available from the school based health center, from your personal medical provider, walk-in clinics, or pharmacies. Tuberculosis risk screening is provided by the school nurse. For those found to be at high risk tuberculosis testing is available from the New Britain Public Health Department or from your personal medical provider or clinic.
Staff Directory | NBHS Registraion
NBHS Student Registration is based out of New Britain High School, located at 110 Mill Street. The main phone number to the school is 860-225-6300 and the fax number is 860-224-2077.
|Name||Position||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Virginia Brown||NBHS Registration Secretary||Click to email||860-225-6300 x610|