PURSUING EXCELLENCE ONE STUDENT AT A TIME
CENTRAL REGISTRATION | ONLINE REGISTRATION
The Consolidated School District of New Britain now uses an online registration process that will replace the paper forms used to register students and to update information on a yearly basis. It also replaces the paper process for applying for the DiLoreto Elementary & Middle School lottery.
For all new students, please follow these steps to begin the application process:
- Fill out the Registration Form.
- Schedule a visit at our Central Registration Office (at the completion of your online pre-registration - please click on link for scheduling an appointment). Central Registration Office is located at 183 Steele Street behind Slade Middle School.
- Bring all required documents to your appointment (you also have a choice of uploading the documents into your registration):
- Proof of Residency: Electric, gas, or light bill, lease or mortgage, cable/internet bill. This must be in the parent's name.If the student and the parent/guardian are living in a home that is owned and occupied by another person who owns or rents the home, the person who owns or rents the home must complete/sign the Certificate of Residency form and provide proof of your local residence.
- Certificate of Residency - English | Certificate of Residency - Spanish
- Birth Certificate (long form).
- Completed Health Care Form with Immunizations.
- Preschool Registrations only - Proof of Income: One month of pay stubs, tax return, or other income information.
New Students Registering for 2019-2020 School Year
Registration for students in 2019-2020 grades prekindergarten through eighth grade occurs through an online registration process. New student registration is only for those who are transferring into CSDNB for the 2019-2020 school year.
English Form | Spanish Form
Registration Information - English | Registration Information - Spanish
New Students Registering for 2020-2021 School Year
Registration for students in 2020-2021 grades prekindergarten through eighth grade occurs through an online registration process. New student registration is only for those who are beginning in CSDNB for 2020-2021.
Returning Students Annual Update Form for 2020-2021 School Year
2020-2021 returning students update form is now available online. This process replaces the paper forms used in the past to update information of a student on a yearly basis. It also replaces the paper process for applying for the DiLoreto K-8 Lottery.
Please note that the deadline for applying to the DiLoreto Lottery in extended until April 30, 2020 by 3:00 pm. The virtual DiLoreto Lottery will be held on May 29, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
The returning students form can be accessed through your PowerSchool Parent Portal Webpage (Sorry not the SmartPhone App). The "Returning Student Registration" icon will not appear when logged in using the student's PowerSchool account, so you must create and use a parent portal account for this.
From the PowerSchool Parent Portal WebpageClick here for the Parent Portal
- Along the top of the page, select the first student you are going to register/update information.
- Click on Returning Student Registration link on the navigation column to the left.
- For security verification, enter the student's date of birth, MM/DD/YYYY.
- Please go through each section and verify all information is current. Make updates and corrections as needed (check spelling, email addresses, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc.).
- Review all information for accuracy and complete any missing and/or required fields. Do NOT submit until all information has been reviewed. You will NOT be able to go back and change this information online once submitted.
- SUBMIT information after you have reviewed for accuracy.
- An option to verify another student will be presented to you after you submit.
Please contact your school to obtain the access ID and password for your child, if you do not have a parent account set up already. Each child has a unique access ID and password, so you will need each one if you have more than one child attending the New Britain Public Schools. Once you create Parent Account, you will be able to link all your students to your account.
All children will be enrolled in neighborhood schools based on the parent’s/guardian’s residential address. Neighborhood schools allow the Consolidated School District of New Britain to better direct and focus staff and resources to fit the needs of the students in every school. Our plan is to develop each school as the focus of its neighborhood, and to make a vibrant community center as well as a place of gathering for students and families.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions: If your question is not answered, please contact our Central Registration Office at 860-223-5501 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should I create an account?
If you’ve never completed an online Returning Student Registration, you should create an account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You can use your email address or cell phone number. If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete the form. (You should use the same account to complete forms for multiple children.)
I’ve completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student in the Consolidated School District of New Britain? Do I need to do this for each child?
Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one Returning Student Registration and then start another – this will allow you to “snap over” shared family information, which will save you time.
I don’t know what a question is asking.
You can contact Consolidated School District of New Britain at (860) 223-5501 or email them at email@example.com to ask any general questions about the form or the Returning Student Registration process.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Community help center or click “Help” from any form page.