PURSUING EXCELLENCE ONE STUDENT AT A TIME
CENTRAL REGISTRATION | ONLINE REGISTRATION
Due to the unforeseen nature of COVID-19, our offices have been closed and will continue to be closed until further notice. We are asking families to please continue to register their children for the 2020-2021 school year and upload their documents to the application or via email.
New Students Registering for 2020-2021 School Year
Registration for students in 2020-2021 grades prekindergarten through eighth grade occurs through an online registration process. New student registration is only for those who are beginning in CSDNB for 2020-2021.
For all new students, please fill out the registration forms above. If you are registering for K-8, please email documents to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are registering for Preschool, please email your documents to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to upload all documents to the application or send via email. The following notes apply:
- Proof of Residency: Electric, gas, or light bill, lease or mortgage, cable/internet bill. This must be in the parent's name.If the student and the parent/guardian are living in a home that is owned and occupied by another person who owns or rents the home, the person who owns or rents the home must complete/sign the Certificate of Residency form and provide proof of your local residence.
Certificate of Residency - English | Certificate of Residency - Spanish
- Birth Certificate (long form).
- Completed Health Care Form with Immunizations.
- Preschool Registrations only - Proof of Income: One month of pay stubs, tax return, or other income information.
Returning Students Annual Update Form for 2020-2021 School Year
If your child is curently attending one of our district schools, please make sure to complete the returning student registration, which is now online for students returning in 2020-2021. This process replaces the paper forms used in the past to update information of a student on a yearly basis. It also replaces the paper process for applying for the DiLoreto K-8 Lottery. Please note that the deadline for applying to the DiLoreto Lottery was April 30, 2020 at 3 PM. The virtual DiLoreto Lottery will be held on May 29, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
The returning students registration form can be accessed through your PowerSchool Parent Portal Webpage. The "Returning Student Registration" icon will not appear when logged in using the student's PowerSchool account, so you must create and use a parent portal account for this.
From the PowerSchool Parent Portal Webpage (Click here for the Parent Portal)
- Along the top of the page, select the first student you are going to register/update information.
- Click on Returning Student Registration link on the navigation column to the left.
- For security verification, enter the student's date of birth, MM/DD/YYYY.
- Please go through each section and verify all information is current. Make updates and corrections as needed (check spelling, email addresses, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc.).
- Review all information for accuracy and complete any missing and/or required fields. Do NOT submit until all information has been reviewed. You will NOT be able to go back and change this information online once submitted.
- SUBMIT information after you have reviewed for accuracy.
- An option to verify another student will be presented to you after you submit.
Please contact your school to obtain the access ID and password for your child, if you do not have a parent account set up already. Each child has a unique access ID and password, so you will need each one if you have more than one child attending the New Britain Public Schools. Once you create Parent Account, you will be able to link all your students to your account.
All children will be enrolled in neighborhood schools based on the parent’s/guardian’s residential address. Neighborhood schools allow the Consolidated School District of New Britain to better direct and focus staff and resources to fit the needs of the students in every school. Our plan is to develop each school as the focus of its neighborhood, and to make a vibrant community center as well as a place of gathering for students and families. Click here to find your child's neighborhood school.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions: If your question is not answered, please contact our Central Registration Office at 860-223-5501 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Should I create an account?
If you’ve never completed an online Returning Student Registration, you should create an account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You can use your email address or cell phone number. If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete the form. (You should use the same account to complete forms for multiple children.)
I’ve completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student in the Consolidated School District of New Britain? Do I need to do this for each child?
Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one Returning Student Registration and then start another – this will allow you to “snap over” shared family information, which will save you time.
I don’t know what a question is asking.
You can contact Consolidated School District of New Britain at (860) 223-5501 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any general questions about the form or the Returning Student Registration process.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Community help center or click “Help” from any form page.